Tuesday, November 15, 2005

A new enemy.

This is an actual* transcript from the Black Box recording of a recently downed aircraft. I warn you. It is disturbing. Do not let your children read this:

Pilot: "This is flight number 1030 from Salt Lake City to Phoenix. Request permission to [pause]. Did you hear that?"
Co-pilot: "What? No."
Tower: "Repeat last request, flight 1030."
Pilot: "Affirmative. Request permission to [pause]"
[Noise]
Pilot: "I think someone is trying to get into the cabin. Where's the attendent?"
Co-pilot: "I don't know. Flight attendent to the cockpit, please. Passenger in possible need of assistance."
Tower: "Is everything all right up there, flight 1030?"
Pilot: "Yes, I think so [pause] OH, LORD. What the (expletive) is that?!! Is that a 17 foot sn... [yelling]"
Co-pilot: "NO, NO, NO, NO ... [screaming]."
Tower: "I'm sorry, I didn't understand a lot of that. Please repeat."
Pilot: "(Expletive)! Holy (expletive). Son of a (expletive)! (Expletive) me! [screaming] Oh (expletive), oh (expletive), oh (expletive)! [More yelling for 2 minutes and 53 seconds] (expletive) me."
Uknown voice: "Ssssssss. Ssssssssssssssss(?). [crackle] Ssss."
Tower: "Hello? Flight 1030? Captain Tanner? Hello. [pause] Greg?"
Uknown voice: "Sss, ssssssss ss(?) sssssss sssss. Sss sssssss sssssss!"
[Static]


Frightening. But now you know.


*Transcript may not be actual.