Saturday, September 23, 2006

Man Gets Married, Wakes From Coma


It feels like being married has always been my life. I know I was single for 35 years but it's almost as if I had my old self-absorbed life in a coma-dream and then woke up and resumed my life as a married man with two children.

Now, there is good and bad in this, I think. The good part is that even though I know I am NOT used to it by any means I do FEEL used to it already. This is good because I haven't yet had that feeling that some movie newlyweds talk about, ie., running out the door screaming. Why would I do that? I'm used to this. The only bad is that sometimes I do miss parts of that coma-dream that was my old life. Things like sleeping in on Saturdays, driving to a friend's house or going to a movie whenever I wanted. But everything else was just ... lonely.

So I am glad I woke up. I am happy that I snapped out of it and resumed this married life with my beautiful wife and kids that I spent so much time away from. It's fun getting to know them again.