Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Attempt Number 9

I want
to try and explain,
my condition …
explain myself
without resorting to
to repetition
petition.

Okay, I had one, two, three
two, two, three,  three, two, three, God,
too many.

Weight.
This is harder than I …
thoughts are dis-
jointed.  Or, perhaps, double
jointed
bending like humidified elbow pasta
… a circus.  I’ve somersaulted and

I’m over
salted.
Understand, I can’t help it.  Sucking
sounds, sickening sounds
control my …
Back up, back up.  This is my
problem.   Ok.
I took a leap because
I want you

to hate me. I am
the belated “Happy Birthday,”
the beloved blanket
that warms as your breath warms,
warming the folds of our myth, our memories.
I leave your feet cold.   Stop touching me.
Reciprocity is not the silent killer. I am.
I warned you.

Wait, I was trying to tell you,
promise you … dot, dot, dot …
this is my last 1(won).



© 2002