(Warning: the hyper-links in this entry lead to various Wikipedia entries that, while informative, contain adult language and situations. Use caution.)
I've posted about the way I profane when I drive. But ... I haven't posted about this yet.
I need to confess that I think a lot of profane and vulgar things are funny. I laugh really hard at "Little Britain," "South Park," "Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!" and many more ribald and potty-humor-having shows. I laugh so hard sometimes I cry. It's fault of mine, I know. My personal humor often goes in a similar direction when I am in the company of other people who appreciate the same stuff. I rarely work blue in public but it's a favorite hobby of mine in my personal life. In fact, Amelia and I often one-up each other and try to see who can take a subject too far while we are conversing in the kitchen and the kids are in the backyard hitting each other with rakes. Our house is a regular school of Komedy. Slapstick in the garden and innuendo in the eatery.
We never ever cuss or joke crassly around the kids. I'd like for them to be a little older before they start going around reciting their own version of "The Aristocrats." I thought we were doing pretty good maintaining our double standard until this happened:
Bella: I'm going to tell you a joke.
Me: OK.
Bella: Why did the rabbit fly way way up in the
sky?
Me: I don't know. Why?
Bella: Because he had a lot of gas in his butt.
Sadly, even without our help, my little girl is learning the dark side of the comedy trade. Should I embrace it? Stamp it out, nip it in the bud? Or maybe it's time our family start putting an act together ... if only we had a name.