Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Some Things I've Pondered Recently

Since primarily using a debit card for all purchases, I cannot seem to count change.

It is harder to write when you know you have to.

Twitter is so effwording awesome.

We are, in general, very attached to our opinions. Some people are so much so that they honestly insist that their opinion is the ONLY VALID ONE. Often coming to blows. (Or at least internet arguments.)

Why are so many "religious" people some of the most despicable people I have ever met?

Why are so many groups that demand tolerance so annoying, angry and intolerant?

I wish people could drop "sides" and name calling and just talk things out. I guess shouting is easier?

I need to make an attempt to get back into reading texts with a critical mind. I miss my pretentious studies of Barthes, Foucault and Lyotard.

You got to give a guy credit for trying.

I think the Internet is make me dumber.

"I hate fights about merging on to interstates ... I think people should realize there are other lanes. Not just theirs for only them, to get them home again." - Matt Pond PA, "Brooklyn Stars"