My cousin, Anonymous McNotmattking, has been working late nights at this school in the Weber County area. Recently he sent me an email detailing an honest to goodness ghost sighting. I have included his story pretty much verbatim here for your benefit:
"This happened last December. The school where I have been working has been built on an older school (which was built about 90 years ago). When we were in the process of joining four bathrooms and an office (knocking down walls etc.), we found remains of the stone foundation of the original building. Most of the experiences that we had have died down. Every once in a while we'll get doors slamming, light lenses popping off and clocks coming off the wall.
But, let me tell you, as soon as re-construction started last summer, all hell broke loose. We had one construction foreman just up and leave -- he couldn't handle it. We were doing security checks at night alone, and we would hear children playing in the gym. Mostly, the encouters are felt. I've felt extreme temperature changes in some cases. The encounter that I had in the vault happened around 8:00 pm. I did not hear anything unusual, but I felt a presence. I looked toward the door and saw a figure of a young man, visible from the waist up. It wasn't like he was cut-off; rather, the bottom of him was just faded out. I couldn't make out clothing; more or less it was a blurry silhouette, yet had enough features to tell what it was. The man looked like he was just checking in on me. He then just moved on. I panicked and went away (part of the job was botched because of this). I rationalized this away later on when I was home. I figured that I had some kind of contact buzz from the sealant.
The following night, I had one of my co-workers (Tyson) help me finish the job. I didn't tell him about what had happened the previous night. He was pouring the sealant while I spread it. We were just about done, then Tyson looked behind me, slowly laid the drum down, and then pointed at the doorway. I just turned around and briefly caught a glimpse of the same figure that I saw the night before. We both confirmed what we saw, then worked our asses off to finish and got the hell out of there. I thought that if I gave it a name that it would make it less threatening: Frank. At least when something happened I could blame it on Frank, rather than having it as being a stranger.
I know that sounds weird, but it helped. As I said earlier, things have settled down. It correlated with the end of things changing there. I feel like we disturbed somebody's world/home--whatever--they got frustrated for a while and now are starting to chill out. I have taken Parapsychology before at WSU. I have done ghost investigations around Ogden. I have some EVP (electronic voice phenomenon) evidence of those investigations. But, with this I felt that if I started to dig into it, that it would feed on that. Plus, I've got to work there. The last thing I need is to have more stuff going on. When it happens to you for real, it is a mind blower. It's simply like being slapped in your brain. I mean, you know it's there, but then there's "knowing". I've just realized how much we aren't told and don't know about the other side."
When I read his email the first time it was 1:00 am and I was alone. It freaked me out a little. I admit it.