Thursday, June 9, 2005

I swore


I told myself I was going to do this. This blog thing. And it's harder to stay on top of than I thought. Not good news for someone like me who knows procrastination is a weakness. But I haven't been inspired these days.

Purchasing CDs are the high point of my existence right now. That and reading "Choke" by Chuck Palahnuik. What a seriously effed up book. But I like it. I like reading books about hopeless cases. Why? Is it because I enjoy seeing that others (fictional others) have more misery than I do? Not that I have a load of misery but ... it's almost like I get to watch someone more pathetic than myself fight their way through "it" all. It's a little inspiring.

As some readers may know, my laptop was stolen a couple of months ago. Actually it wasn't mine. It belonged to my boss. He was letting me borrow it. Anyway, I had to buy a new one. The worst part about it was that all my ideas, plans, goals, whatever I had typed and saved on that machine, were no longer in my posession. "Well, they're still in your head, right?" Screw you. In a way, yes, they are. But not they way they were when they were fresh and I was typing as fast as I could to keep up with my brain and all the thoughts flopping out. The original ideas are still there somewhere but not the passionate first explosion. I'm missing that. Still, I have tried to write them all down again. Now I just have to develop them this time. I will. Tomorrow and tomorrow.