A while ago, I mentioned my frequent obsession with Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft. I thought it only fair that my entire family get the addiction treatment so you know I'm not the only one with a problem. (Deflection working?) Here is the rundown:
Brett - World of Warcraft (1-2 hrs a day)
Amelia - Mr. Peanut's Matchup (1 hr a day), Facebook (1 hr a day)
Aidan - Gameboy (1-2 hrs a day)
Bella - Club Penguin or Woogi World (1.5 hrs a day)
Pugman - Christmas Ham Bone (at least 2 hrs a day)
I now need to justify our addictions (like any good addict would do) by saying that I often multi-task while playing WoW. I play while watching TV or while Amelia makes dinner and I can easily walk away to take out the garbage, set the table or administer swift discipline when called on.
The kids are now on a "reward" system for their game/computer/TV time. Each 30 minutes requires one ticket. These tickets can be earned by helping around the house and by being kind and helpful to the family in general.
So there it is. Our dirty laundry. What things do you find yourself doing a little more than "normal