Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday Confession: Profanity

I'll tell the whole story later but I felt bad that I hadn't confessed anything in a while so I'm just going to put the basics here.

I have a dirty mouth. I swear a lot. I use profanity. I am not proud of this.

I should point out, however, that I almost never use foul language in my home. Also, I rarely put it in print. (I like to use dashes.) I would also estimate that 89% of my creative speech takes place behind the wheel. The sad part is that I basically just drive to and from work and my job is 5 minutes from my house.

I've tried to get better. I have been attempting to see other drivers as "human" or "people" but it's not as easy as it sounds.

To clarify, I only use bad language. I never ever ever get to a point where I become road enraged. Those people are just crazy.

Do you curse? Or have you been blessed with a clean mouth? I'd like to know what struggles any readers may have with