Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Introducing My Daughter

I know many of you have met Bellie Bean before but as of yesterday it's official. The Provo Courts approved and certified my adoption of Bella.


In the interest of keeping some privacy, I won't put her actual full name here but it feels great to say this:

There is a little Merritt kid running around the world.

She's already a better actress than I am, she's great at making up songs (a skill I am still working on) and knows what a "hook" is. Her comic timing is leaps above most children her age and, dare I say, some people's in general. She's witty, she's pretty and she really really wants to be a good kid. These are things Amelia and I nurture in her and let her explore. They are things that help me remember that, in fact, I really am her dad and that I've been that guy for two and a half years. And I couldn't be prouder.