I was promised a phone call by Romeo and then also called in and yelled and profaned at a women who made my wife so frustrated she cried. We never did go back to the store because I decided to make one more attempt to handle it with Sprint Corporate. And, as you recall, I did not want to punch anyone in the effing face.
Also, I should mention that we did not even have cell phone service at this point because I had not paid the $400 bill ($300+ of that being the phone we refuse to pay for).
After I ended the profanity laden call, I wrote the following email. I will put my comments at the end of the hilarious email thread.
---
Dear Sprint:
Sorry but ...
WHERE IS MY PHONE CALL? I was promised a call from a supervisor and have only received email after email (the thread follows) and call after call from nice people who are unable to help me. I need a call from a supervisor as soon as possible. We need a credit on our account and a return kit sent right away. Please have a supervisor call me today. Our phones are now shut off and NO ONE has been able to help us get solved.
My wife has just spent 2 hours on the phone with 6 different people at Sprint. They were all nice but, again, unable to produce any results or help us get resolution. We only want resolution.
Brett Merritt
On Jan 9, Sprint wrote:
Dear Brett Merritt,
This is Stuart D, supervisor in eCare, and this email is in regard to
your handset issue.
First of all, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced. Under no circumstances do we allow or endorse such behavior. It is certainly not appropriate on any level. I can personally understand the level of frustration when the things are not going according to the way you feel that should be.
I am sorry for the way your issue has been handled not the way you wanted, but let me tell you that we are always here to assist you the best possible way.
For your concern regarding the return of device, I have issued a return kit to you for Sanyo 7050. You will receive this in 3-5 business days. Once you return the device, you may reply back to us with the tracking number. We would keep a track of this device, and as soon as the device is returned in our warehouse, we would issue an adjustment to your account.
As of now, I have issued a temporary adjustment of $336.25 for 30 days to your account. This would restore the services on your account in next four hours, and would give us time to take further necessary actions to apply permanent adjustment of $299.99 against the handset charges.
I have also arranged a call back for your on priority basis, and you would be contacted in next 48 hours to assist further.
I appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter.
Stuart D.
Supervisor E-Care
Sprint
"Where our customers come first!"
On Jan 9, BrettM wrote:
Stuart,
Thank you so much. I am looking forward to the return kit and subsequent phone call. Thank you for the temporary credit and for reinstating our service while this matter is being resolved.
Brett
[Within 24 hours a fellow named Jesus called and told me a return kit had not yet been sent, apologized and told me he would send one. Many days later I wrote back to Sprint.]
To: Sprint "Supervisors" or Stuart D and/or Sprint Rep Jesus ID TWAGY02
Question: How long is a return kit supposed to take to get to me? This email reply from Stuart 11 days ago. I got a phone call from Jesus more than 8 days ago. That is more than enough time to get a kit to me.
Please, confirm the kit was sent to:
BRETT MERRITT
[Address]
PROVO, UT 84604
I did receive another phone call as well from someone who said they would also
make sure the return kit was sent.
My temporary credit of $320 had better be extended to account for the delay in getting the kit to me because I CANNOT SEND THE PHONE BACK WITHOUT A RETURN KIT.
How is this happening? I can't understand how I got into this concentric nightmare. Why is your support super friendly but remarkably ineffective? Are you trained to be nice but to give the "run around" better than a track and field contest? I. Just. Don't. Get. It. I have never been treated better AND worse by any other single group or organization or business in my entire goods-and-services-purchasing life. It is truly maddening.
Please get the eyes of someone who can produce results looking at this email. If they wear glasses, make sure they have them on. If they are listening to iTunes, please have them turn it off. If they are playing Mah Jong, tell them to pause the game. I need someone's undivided attention on this issue that has been ongoing since before Thanksgiving.
Please DO NOT have a regular eCare rep respond saying someone will call me in 24-48 hours. Thank you.
With all the remaining patience any reasonable person can muster,
Brett Merritt
[phone number]
On Jan 23, Sprint wrote:
Dear Brett Merritt,
Thank you for your reply. Please accept my sincere apologies for the
inconvenience you have experienced. I can personally understand the level
of frustration when the things are not going according to the way you feel
that should be.
Due to technical error the return kit was not issued. Now, I have issued a
return kit to you for Sanyo 7050. You will receive this in 3-5 business
days.
Please let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you.
Shannon M.
E-Care
Sprint
Original Message Follows:
Sprint,
7 day later. Still no return kit.
The let down continues.
Brett
On Fri, Feb 1, 2008 Sprint
Dear Brett Merritt,
Thank you for the reply.
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may cause to you.
I would like to inform that due to some error, the order of Sanyo 7050 return kit was not placed on the account. I have forwarded your concern to the appropriate department along with my notes so that necessary action would be taken against this.
Now I have again placed the order of return kit for the Sanyo 7050 phone, which will be delivered to the mailing address within 3 to 5 days.
Once we will receive the defective phone in our warehouse, the credit will automatically applied on the account.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please write back to us. Your loyalty to Sprint is appreciated.
Sprint values your business and always looks forward to the opportunity to provide you with excellent service now and in the future.
Thank you for contacting Sprint and have a great day!
Rocky D.
E-Care
Sprint
Original Message Follows:
Sprint (Rocky, Shannon, Stuart, Romeo, Joanne, Sandy, Veronica, etc.),
19 days later. 40+ days total since I was first told a return kit would be sent. NO return kit has been sent or received. The temporary credit should still be on my account because you have given me no way to get you your phone back to you. Please make sure it is extended.
This has been an ongoing issue since November of 2007. Still no resolution and I still have an insured but broken phone in my possession.
Please take a minute, look at this ridiculous email thread filled with empty promises. I have been more than patient and have been treated with appalling neglect. This can't go on like this even if Sprint is too big a company to care. There has to be someone who can step up and get it resolved. If you can't resolve it, I'll need to see if I can get the press to help me.
Please get this email to someone who will take action. Someone who will do more than tell me everything has been handled. Obviously it has not.
Done,
Brett Merritt
Undervalued Sprint Customer Since 2001
[phone number]
On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 Sprint
Dear Brett Merritt,
Thank your for replying.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused as you have not received the return kit as yet.
Going ahead, I have again sent a return kit for the handset the mailing address on the account. You will surely receive it within next 3-5 business days.
For the inconvenience caused, I have again applied a 7 day temporary credit of $336.25 on the account.
Have a great day!
Thank you for contacting Sprint.
Thank you again for contacting Sprint. We appreciate your business.
Sincerely,
Traci K.
Sprint
---
A kit indeed reached me and I sent the phone in. I followed their simple return instructions. This was on March 4. I have never heard from Sprint. Today I noticed that my Sprint phone bill is more than $500 ($330 of it, I am sure is the phone charge).
My face-punching hands are starting to clench up again.
To be continued ...